Verizon Wireless announced the all new DROID RAZR today in NYC, bringing back to life the much loved flip phone name with a bionic overhaul courtesy of Droid. Using the tagline “Faster. Thinner. Smarter. Stronger.” (no, we’re not talking about Kanye’s song either) Motorola Mobility is definitely taking a direct shot at the newly released iPhone 4S. We have to say, from what we’ve heard this new Droid Razr is all business. Here’s what it’s packing:
- Dual-core 1.2 GHz Processor running Gingerbread 2.3.5
- Super AMOLED qHD 4.3″ screen
- 8 megapixel camera with 1080p video and front-facing camera
- 4G LTE speeds and Verizon’s Mobile Hotspot feature
- Thinnest LTE phone ever at 7.1mm thick
- 16GB on-board storage and 16GB microSD card
- Goes on sale in November for $299.99 with 2 year contract
The DROID RAZR will also feature a water-repellent nanocoating to protect from everyday use and spills. Preorders start October 27th and you can pair your new DROID RAZR with a bunch of accessories ranging from laptop docks, touchpads, keyboards and more.
Looks like Motorola is really making your phone the center of all communication and driving more utility through the ability to power computer operations.